Saturday, July 13, 2019

“Handprints”

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-k-_6K2FMpaWztPYEDotZ9-JDmerf1Vu
When Evyn was 3, she thought she’d be sweet 
and write a love note on my featherweight. My 
first reaction was not as sweet. I was irritated. 
I learned a lesson that day.
Sometimes those moments become 
some of our most cherished.
I’ve had several women say to me that I could 
get the machine buffed and it would come out. 
But I don’t want it to come out now. Now it’s her “handprint” that I see almost daily and will for as long as I’m alive. She’s 9 now. One day (the Lordwilling) she will have children of her own and
they can see their momma’s work of art right
here on my machine.❤️

Last night, I was quilting OUR own quilt (which
Is unheard of) and Phillip came down to watch 
and talk. The thought occurred to me that this
could be one of those moments. He was 
apprehensive because he didn’t want to “mess it up”. That’s exactly what I wanted him to do. I 
wanted him to put his own “handprint” on it. I 
want to be able to lie under it 30 years from now and see the row that he did. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1d1uXPnOnce2B7lH-S4QU9evAUjRK439e

These are the things I treasure...
Julie 

1 comment:

  1. You will always have a story to tell about the history of your Featherweight. I can see how you would not be too happy about the situation at first. But it did not stop the machine from being used and always a story to go with it.

    ReplyDelete